Want to Volunteer?
The Cove is looking for caring and committed volunteers to help us create a safe place where youth experiencing homelessness can thrive.
- Tutors/mentors: Caring adults willing to commit at least one school year (beginning fall 2016) to helping students with homework or eating dinner with them. A caring adult can have a huge impact on a student's life!
- General Volunteers: We need general volunteers to help sign students in at the front door, help students find and use the Cove's resources, and generally supervise students.
- Meal providers: Provide a hot meal to feed between 30-40 students and volunteers. Meals should be delivered to the Cove by 6pm on the day you are scheduled to cook. We'll need meal volunteers beginning fall 2016.
- If you'd like to volunteer in another way, please let us know. We love to hear creative ideas about how you'd like to serve our students!
Apply to volunteer with students:
Click the button below to fill out and submit our volunteer application. Questions below the dividing line on the application are specifically for volunteers interested in tutoring or mentoring.
Volunteer application process:
- Submit volunteer application.
- A Cove staff member will contact you within two weeks to set up an interview.
- Attend interview. Please bring a valid ID so we can set up your background check.
- Pass background check.
- Attend volunteer training/orientation.
- Begin serving at the Cove!