Want to Volunteer?
The Cove is looking for caring and committed volunteers to help us create a safe place where youth experiencing homelessness can thrive.
- Tutors/mentors: Caring adults willing to commit at least one school year (beginning fall 2016) to helping students with homework or eating dinner with them. A caring adult can have a huge impact on a student's life!
- Admin Volunteers: We need general volunteers to help sign students in at the front door, help students find and use the Cove's resources, and generally supervise students.
- Meal providers: Covered for Fall 2018.
- Special Events Volunteers: Back to School, Christmas, Cove Birthday Celebrations, and Graduation all need special teams to celebrate in style!
- If you'd like to volunteer in another way, please let us know. We love to hear creative ideas about how you'd like to serve our students!
Want cook a healthy meal and deliver it to the Cove for our students? Read our Meal Policy and then please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding available dates.
Apply to volunteer with students:
Click the button below to fill out and submit our volunteer application. Questions below the dividing line on the application are specifically for volunteers interested in tutoring or mentoring.
Volunteer application process:
- Submit volunteer application using button below.
- A Cove staff member will contact you within two weeks to initiate a background check that you can complete online.
- Upon completion of background check and application, you will receive a password to access the Volunteer Training Videos posted on our password protected page.
- Watch all 4 training videos and email Rachelg@thecovewaco.org to sign up for a service day and time.
- Begin serving at the Cove!
Apply for our CoveCoach Program:
Click the button below to fill out and submit the CoveCoach application.